BERKELEY UX/UI BOOT CAMP
in 24 Weeks
Class starts November 28 in San Francisco
Why Learn UX/UI at Berkeley Extension?
- Maintain your work or college schedule by studying part-time, only three days a week, with convenient evening and weekend hours.
- Through in-person classes and a dynamic curriculum, you’ll develop the fundamental skills to graduate from the program, ready to use your knowledge in the workforce.
- Apply what you’ve learned toward building a comprehensive portfolio of projects ranging from AI sketches to mobile-responsive web layouts.
- Benefit from a wide range of career services to help equip you for success as you work to change career paths or advance in your current position.
*The material covered in this course is subject to change due to market demand.
What Students Receive
- Through immersive instruction and complex projects, students learn both the theory and tools used by modern designers, employing user-centered design and creative tools to build compelling designs and user experiences.
- Students are equipped with the technical skills needed to be competitive in the fields of user interface design, user experience research, product management, and front-end web development.
- Students receive access to a tutor network, allowing them to get help both inside and outside the classroom.
- Those working to change career paths receive extensive career-planning assistance, including resume and social media support, portfolio reviews, interview preparation, soft skills training, coaching sessions, and more.
What Graduates Earn
- Students will receive a Professional Certificate in UX/UI from UC Berkeley Extension, showcasing their accomplishments to future employers.
- Students graduate with the skills and confidence to join the ranks of industry-shaping creative professionals.
- Post-graduation career services are available to qualifying students, including coaching sessions, salary negotiation training, personalized job support, and more.
- By the end of the program, students will have an impressive professional portfolio of projects that demonstrate their knowledge and mastery of the skills learned.
About Berkeley Extension
Founded in 1891, UC Berkeley Extension is the continuing education branch of the University of California, Berkeley. Today, Extension offers more than 2,000 courses each year, including online courses, along with more than 75 professional certificates and specialized programs of study. Free and low-cost public events are also frequently held as part of Extension’s service to the local community.
Frequently Asked Questions
- When does the program start?
- Class begins November 28
- Tuesday/Thursday 6:30 – 9:30 p.m. and Saturday 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Can I keep working while studying at Berkeley UX/UI Boot Camp?
- Yes. The program was designed for working professionals who are seeking to advance their current careers or change paths.
- How long does it take to complete the program?
- The program is part-time. Students can complete it in under six months (24 weeks).
- Do you provide career placement support?
- Yes. We offer all of our students career support and coaching as well as resume and portfolio support, interview preparation and experiential learning opportunities.
- Do I need to have previous experience in UX/UI before applying?
- No prior experience is required. Our pre-course tutorials will get students prepared before classes begin.
- What sets your boot camp apart from others I can join in San Francisco or elsewhere?
- We offer a part-time program that allows working professionals and students to study UX/UI without leaving their current job.
- We put the student experience first, using robust analytics to track the academic journey and ensure that we provide top-quality learning.
- We employ skilled instructors and provide a curriculum based on the most in-demand technologies specific to the market.