Classes begin quarterly
Prepare for a Digital Marketing Career in 18 Weeks
Online Digital Marketing Boot Camp Based in the San Francisco Bay Area
Digital marketing is how modern businesses engage with their customers. However, it isn’t a one-sided conversation — through careful monitoring, analysis and data-driven insights, digital marketers are able to hear customers loud and clear; helping businesses communicate with them in an ever-evolving way.
Given the vital importance of this field, many professionals are making the decision to learn digital marketing online. While some learners want to understand how to employ digital marketing in their current roles, others are looking to make a career shift into this dynamic field. In either case, they’re finding that enrolling in an online marketing boot camp is the best way to gain these in-demand skills while maintaining their current work schedule.
The Berkeley Digital Marketing Boot Camp is a challenging, part-time digital marketing program that takes a multidisciplinary approach to attaining proficiency in marketing strategy, campaign development, digital advertising and modern tools in site analytics and reporting.
- Gain experience with in-demand tools and technologies such as Google Ads, Google Analytics, Facebook Ads Manager and WordPress
- Study without sacrificing your work schedule, with convenient weekday sessions.
- Benefit from a classroom learning environment, with dedicated instructional staff and peer-to-peer insights.
- Cover the fundamental knowledge you need, then get real-world digital marketing application through hands-on projects.
Strategic, Hands-On Digital Marketing Training
In just 18 weeks, you will dive into a comprehensive digital marketing curriculum that covers all of the fundamental concepts necessary to become skilled in digital marketing and step into the industry. You will get hands-on training in*:
- Data Strategies
- Digital Marketing for Different Business Models
- Customer Journeys
- Digital Funnels
- Content Strategy
- Organic Social Media
Digital Advertising, Data Organization, and Automation
- Paid Search Advertising and Analytics
- Display Advertising and Analytics
- Paid Social Media Advertising and Analytics
- Retargeting and Audience Building
- Measurement and Optimization
- Customer Relationship Management
- Marketing Automation
Optimizing Campaigns and Websites
- Content Optimization
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Link Building and Backlinks
- Domain Authority
- Conversion Tracking
*The material covered is subject to change. Our academic team adjusts to the market demand related to digital marketing.
How to Apply
- Form Submission. Fill out our program interest form with a few of your key details so that we can get in touch with you.
- Admissions Interview and Application. Connect with a member of our admissions team for a quick phone interview to discuss the program in more detail, answer your questions, and talk through your goals. Then, fill out a short application that tells us more about you and your reasons for pursuing this opportunity.
- Assessment. Complete a multiple-choice critical thinking and problem-solving assessment. This is your chance to show us your logic-based skills. No prior industry experience is required to complete the assessment. If you pass your academic assessment (congratulations!), you are officially accepted into the program and able to move forward with the enrollment process.
- Financial Options, Deposit, and Enrollment Agreement. After acceptance into the program, you will connect with admissions to discuss which financial option works best for you. Once you’ve approved your desired payment method, the last step to finalize your enrollment is to pay your deposit and review and sign your enrollment agreement.
Start Your Journey. That’s it! You’re now ready to begin your program pre-work and prepare to start the boot camp.
Is a Digital Marketing Boot Camp Right for You?
By the time you complete Berkeley Digital Marketing Boot Camp you can expect to be able to:
- Develop digital marketing strategies that meet both short- and long-term business goals
- Create, launch and optimize search, social, display and retargeting advertising campaigns.
- Build highly targeted audiences using demographics, affinity audiences and more.
- Identify brand position and growth opportunities by performing thorough keyword and competitive research.
- Optimize content and landing page experiences to improve customer engagement and conversion rates.
- Analyze and report on the effectiveness of campaigns and creative against objectives and metrics.
- Effectively manage and share customer data and touchpoints via CRM systems and databases.
- Design and implement automated workflows to drive campaign efficiency.
Digital Marketing Jobs Outlook in San Francisco, CA
Employing marketers to create engaging messaging for an organization’s customer base is a common practice across almost every industry. Businesses with expertise in digital marketing best practices can more effectively reach their desired audience amid the clamor of online ads and glut of content overload. For this reason, digital marketers are in extremely high demand — and there’s no end in sight. With a projected 18,949 open jobs anticipated annually for digital marketing specialists (Burning Glass Technologies™), job prospects look bright for digital marketers!
In fact, digital marketing jobs are projected to grow 20 percent in the next decade in the U.S. That’s four times the average growth rate expected for all occupations combined, according to The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS).
Interestingly, Burning Glass also ranks California as the number one state for digital marketer employment in the U.S. In the San Francisco Bay Area, CareerOneStop shows such companies as Oracle, Wells Fargo, Columbia Sportswear, Salesforce, Ernst & Young (EY), Google, Intuit and eBay are all searching for digital marketing professionals. This further illustrates the broad-based need for digital marketing professionals across a wide variety of industries.
Given the anticipated growth and ongoing demand for digital marketing professionals, this is an excellent field worth considering. In addition, remote work and hybrid work environments are becoming common in this field, enabling you to shape your future in the way that works best for you and fuels your career success. Take the next step and begin pursuing your future in digital marketing today!
Frequently Asked Questions
Our digital marketing boot camp in Berkeley is being held via our tried and tested virtual classroom experience. Call us at (510) 306-1218 for more information on how to apply, or visit our Online Experience page to learn more.
No, applicants to Berkeley Digital Marketing Boot Camp do not need to be Berkeley students. This program is offered through UC Berkeley Extension.
No programming or marketing experience is required.
Part-Time Digital Marketing Class Schedule
- 18-week program
- Classes are held three weekdays from 6:30-9:30 p.m.
Ready to learn more about Berkeley Digital Marketing Boot Camp? Contact an admissions advisor at (510) 306-1218.