Classes begin quarterly
Data Analyst Boot Camp in the San Francisco Bay Area
Learn Data Analytics Online in 24 Weeks
We are committed to preparing our online data analytics students for success. With the rise of data in today’s economy, our program focuses on teaching students the practical and technical skills needed to analyze and solve complex data problems through an innovative online learning format.
Our course is designed to give you the flexibility you need to balance your work-life schedule while providing you with the structure and support you need to be successful in achieving your career goals.
Our online data analytics course offers live, interactive virtual classes led by skilled instructors.
Our industry-driven curriculum teaches you the most in-demand data skills through real-world examples. Everything you learn is immediately applicable to a professional environment.
Why Choose Berkeley Data Analytics Boot Camp?
- You will receive a Certificate of Completion from UC Berkeley Extension after studying part-time over 24 weeks in our online data analytics program.
- Projects align with real-world datasets from various industry data fields like Financial Services, Human Resources, Healthcare and Government.
- Benefit from the support Career Services will provide you during the program and after graduation.
The Online Data Analytics Boot Camp allows you to learn from skilled instructors and gain real-world experience by collaborating with your peers on complex projects. You will also build a comprehensive portfolio along the way, giving you the confidence you need to tap into the industry. The curriculum will dive into the foundational skills for data analytics and visualization, including:
- Pivot Tables
- VBA Scripting
- Python 3
- API Interactions
Front End Web Visualization
- Geomapping with Leaflet.js
Business Intelligence Software
- Big Data Analytics with Hadoop
- Machine Learning
*The material covered is subject to change. Our academic team adjusts to the market demand.
Get Program Info
Innovative Online Model
Get job ready through hands-on experience with the latest technologies, and build a portfolio of projects to showcase your knowledge.
Interactive Live Classes
Attend class from wherever you are. These online sessions are NOT lectures: they’re designed to be highly engaging and interactive sessions. Work with other members of your tightly-knit cohort and broaden your experience while leaning on your Instructor and Teaching Assistants.
Make sure that you’re retaining your new data skills by utilizing additional opportunities to apply your knowledge in real-world settings. Make sure that you’re on-pace and progressing through the course as you should be.
Job Outcomes in the San Francisco Bay Area
Graduates from the online data analytics program can be qualified for a number jobs including:
In this role, you’ll look at large amounts of information to glean data-driven insights using a variety of coding, statistics and analytic tools.
According to Indeed job postings, top companies hiring data analysts in the San Francisco Bay Area include Facebook, Google, Levi Strauss & Co. and Intuit.
In an entry-level data scientist role, you’ll focus on machine learning and algorithm development, creating data models which enable data mining, as well as teaching computers to perform data analytics tasks.
According to Indeed job postings, top companies hiring entry-level data scientists in the San Francisco Bay Area include Kaiser Permanente, Salesforce and MOLOCO.
In a business analyst role, you’ll use a variety of analytics and visualization tools to create reports that answer business questions, identify business opportunities and forecast profits based on a variety of data sets.
According to Indeed job postings, the top companies hiring business analysts in the San Francisco Bay Area include Visa, Sephora, World Market and Stitch Fix.
In an entry-level software engineer role, you’ll design, install, test and maintain software systems with popular programming languages like Python.
According to Indeed job postings, the top companies hiring software engineers in the San Francisco Bay Area include Twitch, Dolby, Salesforce and Chime.
The Market for Data Analysts in San Francisco
As the volume of data generated each day increases by geometric proportions, the importance of gaining actionable insights from big data continues to grow. Whether in corporate, nonprofit, governmental or higher education environments, significant focus and resources are being put behind data analytics as a critical organizational priority. It’s certainly not surprising that, with a projected growth rate of 12.3 percent through 2030 according to Burning Glass Technologies’ Labor Insight™ 2020, job prospects for data analysts look bright!
The San Francisco Bay Area is home to some of the most dynamic and innovative companies in the world — and they’re looking for data professionals on a daily basis! Such companies as HP, Adobe, Zillow and DropBox (in addition to the top Silicon Valley players) are always looking for data professionals across a number of roles to enhance their business decision making.
Even more exciting, remote work and hybrid work environments are becoming common in this field so you’ll be able to achieve work/life balance more easily without a rough commute each day. Plus, given the national and global demand for data analysts, you may find that working as an independent contractor with a variety of clients is more to your liking, which is entirely possible in this evolving field. Shape your future in the way that works best for you and fuels your career success!
Is a Data Analysis Boot Camp Right for You?
You’re a data professional and want to further your career by gaining a new set of technical skills.
You’re looking to switch careers and aspire to transition into a new field as a data professional.
You’re currently in a business where data is crucial to the bottom line and want to make a bigger impact.
How to Apply to Berkeley Data Analytics Boot Camp
- Form Submission. Fill out our program interest form with a few of your key details so that we can get in touch with you.
- Admissions Interview and Application. Connect with a member of our admissions team for a quick phone interview to discuss the program in more detail, answer your questions, and talk through your goals. Then, fill out a short application that tells us more about you and your reasons for pursuing this opportunity.
- Assessment. Complete a multiple-choice critical thinking and problem-solving assessment. This is your chance to show us your logic-based skills. No prior industry experience is required to complete the assessment. If you pass your academic assessment (congratulations!), you are officially accepted into the program and able to move forward with the enrollment process.
- Financial Options, Deposit, and Enrollment Agreement. After acceptance into the program, you will connect with admissions to discuss which financial option works best for you. Once you’ve approved your desired payment method, the last step to finalize your enrollment is to pay your deposit and review and sign your enrollment agreement.
Start Your Journey. That’s it! You’re now ready to begin your program pre-work and prepare to start the boot camp.
Data Analytics Boot Camp Schedule
Part-Time Online Data Analytics Program
- 24-week online format
- Study part-time while maintaining your existing professional, educational or personal obligations
- Learn through live online classes three days per week and real-world projects and assignments
- Dedicate 9 hours of scheduled in-class time per week and a minimum of 20+ hours outside of class on hands-on projects and practice work
- Part-Time Online 07/31/23
- Full-Time Online 06/20/23
- Part-Time Soon
» Tech Project Management Boot Camp:
- Part-Time 07/17/23
- Part-Time 07/17/23
- Part-Time 09/11/23
» Digital Marketing Boot Camp:
- Part-Time 09/11/23
- Part-Time 09/11/23
Frequently Asked Questions
Our data boot camps in San Francisco, Berkeley and Belmont are held online. Call us at (510) 455-5867 for more information on how to apply, or visit our Online Experience page to learn more.
No, applicants to Berkeley Data Analytics Boot Camp do not need to be Berkeley students. This program is offered through UC Berkeley Extension.
No programming experience is required. It is recommended that applicants hold a Bachelor’s Degree or have at least two years of experience in business, management, finance, statistics or a related field.
- Our part-time program costs $9,995*. Scholarships and payment plans are available for those who qualify.
*Tuition is subject to change
Learn more about Berkeley Data Analytics Boot Camp by filling out the form or contacting an admissions advisor at (510) 455-5867.