Classes begin quarterly
Online San Francisco Financial Technology Boot Camp
Become a FinTech Professional in 24 Weeks
The field of finance is evolving. Financial services firms, insurance agencies, and investment banks are all increasingly at the intersection of data and technology, harnessing algorithms, machine learning, big data, and blockchain to conduct business.
- Through hands-on virtual classes in a convenient part-time format, Berkeley FinTech Boot Camp gives students the knowledge they need to move toward the financial technology industry.
- With a project-based curriculum, individuals gain ample experience with a host of popular tools and methods such as Python programming, financial libraries, machine learning algorithms, Ethereum, and blockchain.
- By tapping into a wide set of career services like resume and portfolio reviews, interview training, and 1:1 coaching, students get equipped to become employer competitive.
Learn Financial Technology and Analysis Through Berkeley Boot Camps
Students will obtain marketable skills, learning how these fundamental concepts are leveraged within financial fields from financial planning to hedge funds, as well as best practices for using these skills to add value to an organization. The competitive curriculum covers*:
- Time-Series Analysis
- Financial Ratios
- Financial Analysis
- Financial Modeling
Blockchain and Cryptocurrency
- Smart Contracts
- Consensus Algorithms
- Distributed Ledger
- Truffle Suite
Machine Learning Applications in Finance
- Algorithmic Trading
- Random Forests
- k-Nearest Neighbors (kNN)
- Support Vector Machines (SVM)
- Linear Regression
- Logistic Regression
- Deep Learning
- Recurrent Neural Networks
- AWS SageMaker
Programming and Financial Libraries
- Amazon Web Services
*The material covered is subject to change. Our academic team adjusts to the market demand.
Get Program Info
Is a Finance Technology Boot Camp Right for You?
Berkeley FinTech Boot Camp takes a multidisciplinary approach to finance, fundamental programming, data analysis, and modern tools in cryptocurrency and blockchain. Students who complete the program can expect to be able to:
- Model future financial performance of a company using Python and financial fundamentals
- Build an Ethereum blockchain and understand how transactions are validated on a distributed ledger
- Understand both the uses and disadvantages of a variety of machine learning algorithms and their proper application within the field of finance
- Leverage machine learning to determine lending preferences and how effectively a cluster of customers would produce interest
How to Apply to Berkeley FinTech Boot Camp
- Form Submission. Fill out our program interest form with a few of your key details so that we can get in touch with you.
- Admissions Interview and Application. Connect with a member of our admissions team for a quick phone interview to discuss the program in more detail, answer your questions, and talk through your goals. Then, fill out a short application that tells us more about you and your reasons for pursuing this opportunity.
- Assessment. Complete a multiple-choice critical thinking and problem-solving assessment. This is your chance to show us your logic-based skills. No prior industry experience is required to complete the assessment. If you pass your academic assessment (congratulations!), you are officially accepted into the program and able to move forward with the enrollment process.
- Financial Options, Deposit, and Enrollment Agreement. After acceptance into the program, you will connect with admissions to discuss which financial option works best for you. Once you’ve approved your desired payment method, the last step to finalize your enrollment is to pay your deposit and review and sign your enrollment agreement.
Start Your Journey. That’s it! You’re now ready to begin your program pre-work and prepare to start the boot camp.
The Market for Financial Analysts in the San Francisco Bay Area
It’s an exciting time to be a part of the fintech industry! With the expansion of cryptocurrency into mainstream investment strategies, as well as the opportunities open to those well-versed in blockchain, now is the perfect time to start or accelerate your fintech career.
In the next decade, a projected total of 41,000 open jobs annually are anticipated for financial and investment analysts, financial risk analysts and financial specialists. What’s more, these roles are anticipated to grow 6 percent from 2019 through 2029, much faster than the average growth rate for all occupations in the United States, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). In addition, the BLS ranks San Francisco in the top ten metropolitan areas with the highest employment levels for financial and investment analysts, financial risk analysts and financial specialists.
There are a number of viable options for those interested in breaking into fintech or advancing a current financial career. While traditional degrees have historically been required, hiring managers are now considering boot camp completion to be a strong background as well. In fact, a Global FinTech Report by PwC indicates that 80 percent of telecommunications and financial services companies are creating fintech-related jobs, but many are struggling to secure the needed talent to support their needs. Given the current need for fintech professionals, and the projected demand over the next decade, there has never been a better time to join this innovative, fast-growing industry.
Even more exciting, remote work and hybrid work environments are becoming more common in this field, so you can build a career that works best with your lifestyle and professional goals as well.
- 24-week online format
- Study part-time while maintaining your existing professional, educational or personal obligations
- Learn through live online classes three days per week and real-world projects
- Dedicate 9 hours of scheduled in-class time per week and a minimum of 20+ hours outside of class on hands-on projects and practice work
- Part-Time Online 07/31/23
- Full-Time Online 06/20/23
- Part-Time Soon
» Tech Project Management Boot Camp:
- Part-Time 07/17/23
- Part-Time 07/17/23
- Part-Time 09/11/23
» Digital Marketing Boot Camp:
- Part-Time 09/11/23
- Part-Time 09/11/23
Frequently Asked Questions
Berkeley FinTech Boot Camp classes are held online. Call us at (510) 306-1218 for more information on how to apply, or visit our Experience page to learn more.
No, applicants to Berkeley FinTech Boot Camp do not need to be Berkeley students. This program is offered through UC Berkeley Extension.
No programming or finance experience is required, however it is recommended that applicants hold a bachelor’s degree or have at least two years of experience in business, management, finance, statistics, or a related field.
Ready to learn more about Berkeley FinTech Boot Camp? Contact an admissions advisor at (510) 306-1218 or fill out the form below.